Impulse

React.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is it my turn yet?

Today i heard an old song after a long time. Things racked up in the back of my mind got dusted. I realised that some part of me is still waiting for the next moment a few years ago. I think i have in some respect refused to move on, still waiting for 'time' to work its wonder, to heal, to connect or to discover. So i sit in an outlined box by myself.. behind me all the moments covered in dust & weathered just preserved by my memories when they pass through ever so rarely. So i sit, hunched & resting my head on my knees... my clothes torn and worn out, sticking out in the vast landscape of sand and stone as the wind sways about almost driven by lust; trying to wipe away my path behind me and enriching the unknown infront of me.
Every now and again i get up, dust myself and wander on ahead. I walk. I see. I try. I scar. I always find myself coming back to my familiar old box. It is where it got as good as it was to get for me.
Even the mirage gave up and left as it couldnt find anything to play on anymore. I wonder when it might come back. I wonder if ultimately i would have to just wander on ahead content at gazing at someone else's hallucination.
Where is my oasis to conjure?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Azam said…

    nice to see you're writing again, murti. thats the thing with old songs... they take you back. i've had the same 22 songs in my ipod since the last 7 months now... because they take me back to lahore, back to friends, sometimes even back to junior school, better times. thats the thing with old songs, murti... they take you back.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger fuss said…

    We are One. As one, the dastis move on.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Chun said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home